Data protection is important to us and we want you to feel safe when using our homepage.
We are pleased about your use of our homepage.
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our homepage. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsible party pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is:
Holzwerke van Roje GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 (0)2634 9559-0
Fax: +49 (0)2634 9559-59
You can reach our data protection officer Mr. Stefan Auer at the following contact details:
ascon-Datenschutz GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 (0)911 148986-50
View order certificate of the data protection officer
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide will be stored by us in order to answer your inquiry. The contact form is an additional service provided by us to enable you to contact us quickly and easily. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 f DS-GVO. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 DS-GVO,
- Right to rectification pursuant to Article Art. 16 DS-GVO,
- Right to erasure pursuant to Art. 17 DS-GVO,
- Right to restriction of data processing pursuant to Art.18 DS-GVO,
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art 20 DS-GVO,
- Right to object to processing pursuant to Art. 21 DS-GVO.
(2) You can address your rights exclusively by post to the following address.
Please use the following address exclusively:
Holzwerke van Roje GmbH & Co. KG
z.Hd. Frau Andrea Schönberger
Providing your name, address and if available, your customer number and your context of personal data, please address your claim exclusively by mail. If this information is missing, we can not authenticate you and ensure a claim of your rights under the GDPR.
(3) In the event of violations of data protection law, the person concerned has the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. The competent supervisory authority for data protection issues is the State Data Protection Commissioner of the federal state in which our company is based.
For us, this is Rhineland-Palatinate. The State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information and their contact details can be found at the following link: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Adressen/LfD/Rheinland-Pfalz.html;jsessionid=0C788E0B2E46AE2FD1B19ACEABE40C39.2_cid354?nn=5217144.
3. Collection of personal data when visiting our homepage
(1) In the case of mere informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
- Your IP address is not stored by us!
- Date and time of the request
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- browser (type)
- operating system
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive associated with the browser you are using and through which the body that sets the cookie (here by us), certain information flows. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
(a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (for this purpose b).
- Persistent cookies (c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website, for example, to prevent you from having to log in again each time you change pages. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified duration, which may differ depending on the cookie. How long the cookie remains on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the respective cookie and your browser settings. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
These cookies allow the website to remember your information and settings the next time you visit. This gives you faster and more convenient access to the website, as you do not have to set your language preference again, for example.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
You can find out how to manage (including disabling) cookies in the main browsers by following the links below:
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-erlauben-und-ablehnen
Chrome browser: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=de
4. Other functions
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your personal data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more information about this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
5. Objection or revocation against the processing of your data.
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you may revoke it at any time. Such revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the performance of a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
6. Data protection provisions on the use and application of Matomo (formerly Piwik).
6.1 Scope and description of the processing of personal data
Our website uses "Matomo" (formerly "Piwik"), a web analytics service provided by InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand. Matomo stores cookies on your terminal device that enable an analysis of your use of our website. The information collected in this way is stored exclusively on our server, namely the following data:
- two bytes of the IP address of the user's calling system
- the web page called up
- the website from which the user accessed the accessed website (referrer)
- the subpages accessed from the accessed website
- the time spent on the website
- the frequency with which the website is accessed
Our website uses Matomo with the setting "Anonymize Visitors' IP addresses". This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, thus excluding the possibility of direct personal references. The software is set so that the IP addresses are not stored in full, but 2 bytes of the IP address are masked (e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx). In this way, an assignment of the shortened IP address to the calling computer is no longer possible. The IP address transmitted by your browser via Matomo is not merged with other data collected by us.
6.2 Legal basis for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for the processing of the user's data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f EU DS-GVO or § 15 para. 3 TMG.
6.3 Purposes of processing
We use Matomo to analyze the use of our website and individual functions and offers in order to continuously improve the user experience. Through the statistical evaluation of user behavior, we improve our offer and make it more interesting for visitors.
6.4 Duration of storage
The data of the processing described here will be deleted after a storage period of 90 days.
6.5 Possibility of objection and elimination
You can prevent the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and deactivating the storage of cookies in the settings of your web browser. We point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full.
Matomo is an open source project of InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand.
Matomo data is stored on the VAN ROJE web server and is not shared with third parties or server systems outside the EU.
7. Security measures to protect the data stored by us.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and treating your personal data confidentially. In order to prevent loss or misuse of the data stored by us, we take extensive technical and organizational security measures, which are regularly reviewed and adapted to technological progress.We would like to point out, however, that due to the structure of the Internet it is possible that the rules of data protection and the above-mentioned security measures are not observed by other persons or institutions that are not in our area of responsibility.
7.1 Contact form
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your data from the inquiry form, including the contact data you provided there, will be used for the purpose of processing the inquiry and in case of follow-up inquiries.
and in the event of follow-up questions. We do not pass on this data without your consent. The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO, if your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the requests sent to us (Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO) or on your consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) DSGVO) if this has been requested; the consent can be revoked at any time. The data you enter in the contact form will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it, or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after we have completed processing your request). Mandatory legal provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected.
7.2 Inquiry by e-mail, telephone or fax
If you contact us by e-mail, telephone or fax, your inquiry including all resulting personal data (name, inquiry) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request.
and processed by us. We do not pass on this data without your consent. The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO, provided that your request is related to
related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the
effective processing of the inquiries addressed to us (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO) or on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO) if this has been requested; the consent can be revoked at any time.
The data you send to us via contact requests will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory legal provisions - in particular legal retention periods - remain unaffected.
8. Encryption of data transfer and communication
The transfer of data from the User's computer to the van Roje WebServer as well as vice versa the download of data from the van Roje WebServer to the User's computer is encrypted.
We use the current encryption standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer, version 3.0) for this purpose. This proven cryptographic method is used worldwide as a standard for highly sensitive transactions on the Internet, such as online banking and sensitive Internet applications.
It combines a 2048-bit public key with a 256-bit symmetric key. The lock symbol in the browser window indicates whether the information is transmitted in a protected manner and which encryption length is supported in the browser.
The authenticity of the encryption key from the van-Roje WebServer is confirmed by the Global Sign Inc. root certificate. By clicking on the green lock symbol at the beginning of the address line, the user can learn more about the certificate.
8.1 Handling of applicant data
We offer you the opportunity to apply for a job with us (e.g., by e-mail, by mail, or via an online application form). In the following, we will inform you about the scope, purpose and use of your
personal data collected during the application process. We assure you that the collection, processing and use of your data will be in compliance with applicable data protection law and all other
and all other statutory provisions and that your data will be treated in strict confidence.
8.2 Scope and purpose of data collection
If you send us an application, we will process your associated personal data (e.g. contact and communication data, application documents, notes taken during interviews, etc.) insofar as this is necessary to decide on the establishment of an employment relationship. The legal basis for this is Section 26 BDSG under German law (initiation of an employment relationship), Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO (general contract initiation) and - if you have given your consent - Art. 6 (1) lit. a DSGVO. The consent can be revoked at any time. Your personal data will only be passed on within our company to persons involved in processing your application. If the application is successful, the data submitted by you will be stored in our data processing systems on the basis of Section 26 BDSG and Art. 6 (1) lit. b DSGVO for the purpose of implementing the employment relationship.
8.3 Retention period of the data
If we are unable to make you a job offer, if you reject a job offer or if you withdraw your application, we reserve the right to retain the data you have provided for us on the basis of our legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO) for up to 6 months from the end of the application process (rejection or withdrawal of the application).
Subsequently, the data will be deleted and the physical application documents destroyed. This storage serves in particular as evidence in the event of a legal dispute. If it is evident that
that the data will be required after the 6-month period has expired (e.g. due to an impending or pending legal dispute), the data will not be deleted until the purpose for which it was retained no longer applies.
retention no longer applies. Longer storage may also take place if you have given your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO) or if legal storage obligations prevent deletion.
9. Hyperlinks to external websites
On our website there are so-called hyperlinks to websites of other providers. When activating these hyperlinks, you will be redirected from our website directly to the website of the other provider. You will recognize this, among other things, by the change of URL. We cannot accept any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data on these third-party websites, as we have no influence on whether these companies comply with data protection regulations. Please inform yourself about the handling of your personal data by these companies directly on these websites.
10 Google reCAPTCHA
We use "Google reCAPTCHA" (hereinafter "reCAPTCHA") on our websites. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
The purpose of reCAPTCHA is to verify whether data entry on our websites (e.g. in a contact form) is made by a human or by an automated program. For this purpose, reCAPTCHA analyzes the behavior of the website visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis starts automatically as soon as the website visitor enters the website. For the analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, time spent by the website visitor on the website or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis is forwarded to Google.
The reCAPTCHA analyses run entirely in the background. Website visitors are not made aware that an analysis is taking place.
The data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in protecting its web offers from abusive automated spying and from SPAM.
11. Integration of social media
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. [These are all integrated in "extended data protection mode", which means that no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission].
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment with your profile at YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Elements of the social network Facebook are integrated on this website. The provider of this service is
Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. However, according to Facebook, the data collected is also transferred to the USA and other third countries.
An overview of Facebook social media elements can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/?locale=de_DE.
The data transfer to the USA is based on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission.
Details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/EU_data_transfer_addendum, https://dede.
facebook.com/help/566994660333381 and https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
On this website, functions of the service Instagram are integrated. These functions are offered by Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland.
When the social media element is active, a direct connection is established between your end device and the Instagram server. Instagram thereby receives information about your visit to this website.
If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the content of this website to your Instagram profile by clicking on the Instagram button. This allows Instagram to associate the visit to this website with your user account. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the pages, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by Instagram.
Insofar as consent has been obtained, the use of the above-mentioned service is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO and § 25 TTDSG. The consent can be revoked at any time. Insofar as no consent has been obtained, the use of the service is based on our legitimate interest in achieving the greatest possible visibility in social media.
Insofar as personal data is collected on our website with the help of the tool described here and forwarded to Facebook or Instagram, we and Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland are jointly responsible for this data processing (Art. 26 DSGVO). The joint responsibility is limited exclusively to the collection of the data and its forwarding to Facebook or Instagram. The processing by Facebook or Instagram that takes place after the forwarding is not part of the joint responsibility. The obligations incumbent on us jointly have been set out in a joint processing agreement. The text of the agreement can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/legal/controller_addendum. According to this agreement, we are responsible for providing the privacy information when using the Facebook or Instagram tool and for the privacy-secure implementation of the tool on our website. Facebook is responsible for the data security of the Facebook or Instagram products. You can assert data subject rights (e.g., requests for information) regarding the data processed by Facebook or Instagram directly with Facebook. If you assert the data subject rights with us, we are obliged to forward them to Facebook.
The data transfer to the USA is based on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission. Details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/EU_data_transfer_addendum, https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875 and https://de-de.facebook.com/help/566994660333381.
Google Web Fonts (local hosting)
Font Awesome (local hosting)
This site uses Font Awesome for the consistent display of fonts. Font Awesome is installed locally. There is no connection to Fonticons, Inc. servers.
This site uses the map service Google Maps. The provider is Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
To use the functions of Google Maps, it is necessary to store your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transmission. If Google Maps is activated, Google may use Google Web Fonts for the purpose of uniform display of fonts. When calling up Google Maps, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
The use of Google Maps is in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers and an easy location of the places indicated by us on the website. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If a corresponding consent has been requested, the processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO and § 25 para. 1 TTDSG, insofar as the consent includes the storage of cookies or access to information in the user's terminal device (e.g. device fingerprinting) within the meaning of the TTDSG. The consent can be revoked at any time.
Data transfer to the USA is based on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission. Details can be found here: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/gdprcontrollerterms/ and https://privacy.google.com/businesses/gdprcontrollerterms/sccs/.
12. Objection to advertising e-mails
We hereby object to the use of contact data published within the framework of the imprint obligation to send advertising and information material that has not been expressly requested. We expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as spam e-mails.
We reserve the right to change this data protection declaration in compliance with data protection regulations. You will find the current version at this point or at another corresponding, easy-to-find point on our website.
If we intend to process your data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, we will notify you in advance in compliance with the legal provisions.
Your trust is important to us. Therefore, we would like to answer your questions regarding the processing of your personal data at any time.
If you have any questions that are not answered by this privacy statement or if you would like more detailed information on any point, please contact us at any time.